Just because you cannot cook anything doesn’t mean that you cannot cook pasta noodles. The best thing to do is just learning the recipes and tips given. Even in cooking a very simple pasta, you need the hidden tricks on how to keep noodles from sticking.
Today, you will learn the experts’ tricks on how to prevent the noodles from sticking.
Experts’ Tricks On Keeping Noodles from Sticking
Though cooking pasta is very simple and quick, there might still be something that a person misses out. Some problems do arise in the cooking process such as the sticking noodles to the pot and the sticking noodles together. These might be simple problems but you cannot bear it. The sticking noodles also lead to the difficulty of saucing them due to the tough pasta forming ball. As a result, there is often a breakage on the noodles.
In this regards, Rachel Ray and Ina Garten, the chefs, who are also the experts, give the tricks as follows:
- Add olive oil to the pasta noodles water. Make sure you provide enough water to cook the noodles either for boiling or for pouring.
- Choose a good quality of pasta noodles. In this case, high-quality noodles are made of durum wheat. Durum wheat is able to reduce the amount of starch discarded in the water.
- Provide enough water in boiling the noodles. As more water will help the noodles to move around, thus, they will not stick to each other.
- Don’t let the pasta noodles to drain in a colander too long. Once the pasta is cooked, don’t wait too long to remove it. Drain them soon. Never let them sit in a colander while you want to make the sauce ready.
- Stir the noodles occasionally just after you drain them. Stir the noodles every two or three minutes. This way, you don’t have to stir very often.
Perfect Ways To Keep Noodles from Sticking
If you often experience sticking pasta noodles, it is one of the problems that challenge your kitchen skills. Today, we share you the perfect ways to keep the noodles from sticking so you will not have such trouble anymore when cooking your favorite pasta.
In this regard, there are two perfect ways to learn. First, make the pasta water perfect and second, make non-sticky pasta noodles perfectly. Here are the details of each way we have mentioned.
1. Make Pasta Water Perfect
- Use a big pot to cook the pasta noodles. If you want to cook a pound of pasta, use a seven-quarts of pot. This is considered enough for cooking pasta noodles conveniently. This will also prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Pour six quarts of water into the pot. More water will let the noodles to boil faster after you add them dry. Further, more water will let the long noodles to move around the water so that they are not sticky.
- When the water is boiling, add a tablespoon of salt. The salt will add flavor to the noodles.
- Avoid adding oil to the water as the noodle’s sauce will cause the surface sticky.
2. Make non-sticky pasta noodles perfectly
- Cook the pasta noodles. Use a timer to avoid overcooking. Stir the noodles for one or two minutes.
- Cover the pot with the lid to avoid overcooking.
- Make sure you taste the noodles two minutes before the timer is ringing. This way, the noodle should be al-dente.
- Once the noodles are cooked, the starch will be discarded. If you see they are sticking, get the starchy water out.
- Never rinse the noodles as it will cause them clump together. Drain them will be fine.
- Add warm sauce just after you drain the noodles. This will prevent the noodles from sticking. Adding warm sauce will make the noodles smoother.
Simple Techniques on How To Keep The Noodles from Sticking
There are also some simple techniques on how to keep noodles from sticking. In this way, most people commonly use these techniques due to its simplicity. Consider learning the following steps:
- Let the water boils completely before adding the noodles. Avoid adding your noodles into the pot before the water is completely boiling. Adding the noodles into the boiling water will reduce the water temperature. If you add noodles before the water boils, the result will not be fine as you expect.
- Stir the noodles lot. Two minutes after you drop the noodles into the hot water, the noodles will be coated by a sticky layer of starch. Stir them to prevent the noodles from sticking. Therefore, you must stir the noodles.
- Avoid adding oil to your noodles if you want to use sauce in the noodles.
- Adding oil will make the noodles slippery. If you add sauce in the oiled water, the sauce will just remain in the bottom of your place. However, if you want to use oil or butter without any sauce, just feel free to add oil to your boiling noodles water.
- Rinse the cooked noodles using cold water. This will help remove the starches from the water. This way, starches contribute to make the noodles sticky. Thus, if you want to eat noodles, reheat them along with the sauce you want to add. These techniques work well if you use the noodles to make a cold pasta salad.
Thankfully, you have learnt all the tricks on how to keep noodles from sticking. As you read our article, there are more different ways on preventing the noodles from sticking. You can either use a large pot and boil more water or stir the noodles more often when they are cooked in the boiling water.
There are suggestions of adding and not adding oil to the noodles water. You may add oil if you don’t use sauce in the noodle dish. On the other hand, you must avoid adding oil if you want to add sauce in your noodle dish.