Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto is described to be the best and most suitable substitution to high-carb spaghetti. The large shrimps are meaty, making it perfect to complete the rich cream sauce added to Zucchini noodles while the addition of basil and zesty lemon is also great to add extra flavor.
Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto is not only quick to cook but also tasty for diner or night meal. That’s due to the fact that the Zucchini noodles are gluten-free. Note, you can also make and consume this meal as your main dish. Either for lunch or dinner, Shrimp and Zucchini noodles keto is a great choice.
In this article, you will learn 3 different recipes of making Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto. There are certain ingredients that make the recipe different and result a bit different taste. To know more, here are the details of each recipe to check out.
1. Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto with More Vegetables
Recipe 1 includes some more vegetables than the other two recipes later. This recipe is very suitable for those who likes including vegies in their meal. Here are the ingredients and cooking steps to learn:
- 20ounce Zucchini noodles
- 5ounce cream sauce
- 5 oz. cooked prawn
- 2 tsp of tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ medium onions
- 1 cup of spinach raw
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of spices dried oregano
- ½ raw lemon juice
- ½ tbsp raw peel lemon
- 1 to 2 chopped basil
- ¼ salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- Prepare a large pan. Add olive oil and heat over a medium heat. Later, add onion and minced garlic. Fry them until they are softened. This step usually takes 2 minutes.
- Later, add lemon juice, zest, oregano and tomato puree into the pan. Turn the heat down. Stir well to mix them all.
- Next, put the cream cheese into the pan. Heat up to medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning. Stir to mix well. Make sure the cheese melts and form a thick sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and add Zucchini. Turn the heat down and cover the pan. Cook the Zucchini gently for 3 minutes.
- Check if the Zucchini is already soft. Afterwards, add spinach and stir well until the spinach is wilted. This step takes about one minute only.
- Later, add basil leaves along with prawns to Zucchini. Simmer the mixture gently until the prawns are cooked. This step takes approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain Zucchini noodles.
- Add sauce and serve.
- Top with extra fresh basil.
2. Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto with Creamy Garlic
The second recipe of making Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto is the one with creamy garlic. This is a low-carb noodle dish that is quick and easy to cook. It is even perfect for both keto diet and ketosis lifestyles. In this recipe, the dish is served with parmesan cheese, alfredo cream sauce and grilled shrimp. Hmmm…Yummy!
This recipe needs only 25 minutes total time; 10 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for Zucchini rest. To serve 5 people, here are the ingredients you should prepare and cooking steps to follow.
- 2 pounds Zucchini
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup parmesan Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Use paper towel to line a pan. Add zucchini noodles on the paper towels. Top with ¼ tsp of salt. Set the Zucchini noodles aside for 30 minutes to discard the excess water.
- Prepare a skillet. Add olive oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Later, put the shrimp and minced garlic into the skillet. Cook them all for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp turns to pink.
- Take the shrimp out of the skillet and set aside.
- Use the same skillet. Heat with butter over medium heat. Make sure the butter completely melts and add the chunks of cream cheese. Add also the heavy cream, salt and pepper for seasoning, parmesan Reggiano, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir the mixture above and see if the cheese has completely melted. This way, it takes time for the cheese to dissolve.
- Later, add shrimp along with zucchini noodles to the pan. Stir until the zucchini is coated well. Cook them for 3-4 minutes to let the Zucchini to soften.
- Transfer the Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto to a plate.
- Serve with parsley.
3. Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto with Garlic Scampi
Do you know Garlic Shrimp Scampi noodles? If you don’t, learn this recipe soon to try the different taste of Zucchini noodles. Truly, shrimp scampi noodles are just perfect for your dinner as they have less carbs and starch. It is even rich in protein and flavor.
To enjoy it on the weeknights, here are the ingredients to prepare and cooking steps to follow:
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- ¾ parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt or sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- Use spiralizer to prepare the noodle strands. Set the noodles aside.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook them until they are cooked thoroughly but avoid burning the garlic.
- Add zucchini noodles into the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure the zucchini is cooked until al-dente.
- Take the pan out of the heat. Add squeezed lemon juice, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Add chili flakes.
- Serve while warm.
Now you have learnt all the 3 recipes of making Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles Keto. The three recipes we have will result different tastes due to the different ingredients used. Thus, you had better read the 3 recipes once more and find the difference. Then, you will be able to choose one of the recipes to apply.