Thanksgiving is one of the biggest holiday-celebration in United States. Known originally as a harvest festival, people across the country come and get together to share what they have to show gratitude. They’ll usually share meals and other things they are grateful for. Now we have an idea of sharing you the recipe to make homemade noodles for thanksgiving. Yes, you can share noodles dish with friends, family and neighbors.
On this article, we would share the 3 easy recipes of making homemade noodles for thanksgiving. As the recipes are easy to apply, sharing meals in terms of egg noodles can be so much fun.
Here is the complete guidance on how to make homemade noodles for celebrating thanksgiving.
Recipe 1: Classic Egg Noodles with Chicken Stock for Thanksgiving
This recipe is notably simple but resulting a delicious noodle dish. Celebrating thanksgiving without these classic noodles won’t be fun. The total time you need to cook this noodle dish is 1 hours and 50 minutes; 20 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking time and 1 hour and 10 minutes for additional time. Well, to make 7 servings, here are the ingredients and cooking steps to check out.
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 container chicken stock, as needed
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Stir them until they are mixed well. Later, add milk, butter and the beaten eggs. Knead the dough about 5 minutes or until it is smooth. Covered the bowl and set aside.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/8 or ¼ inch thick. Cut based on your preferred lengths and shapes. Set aside to let them dry.
- In a large pot, boil the chicken stock. Add noodles. Boil them until the noodles are smooth and the broth is thickening. This step takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve and share with your family in Thanksgiving Day.
In a bowl of homemade noodles for Thanksgiving, there are 212 calories and 4g fat. The carbs are 36g while the protein is 7g. These are the nutrition facts contained in a bowl of noodles you have made based on the recipe.
Recipe 2: Homemade Noodles with Chicken Broth
The second recipe is different from the previous one. That’s due to the different ingredients used in the recipe. Yes, in this recipe, we include chicken stock instead of chicken broth. You are not using these ingredients in the first recipe.
Homemade noodles with chicken broth and Turkey are usually served at harvest festivals and church bazars. Now you can make it to share in Thanksgiving Day. Here are the ingredients and cooking steps you must learn:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce milk
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Use medium bowl and add flour along with egg and milk. Stir and mix together.
- Break and beat the egg with fork. Stir slowly and add to the mixture above. This will form a dough.
- When the dough mostly absorbs the liquid, prepare a floured surface.
- Knead the dough on the floured surface. You may use the flour to dust the dough so that it won’t be sticky.
- Use flour to dust countertop and rolling-pin. Roll the dough out to form a thin sheet or about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Start with a side of the dough roll to create a log, jelly roll style.
- Make rings by cutting the dough log into thin slices. Dust them with flour.
- Use your both hands to scoop up the cut slices. Let them to unwind. Spread the noodles out on the countertop. Don’t forget to dust them to prevent from being sticking.
- Set the noodles aside for 2 hours. This will let the noodles dry so that they will be ready to cook.
- When the noodles are dry, boil them along with 3 cups of chicken broth. Stir them well so they are not sticking. This will also help thicken the broth.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the noodles in broth for a half of an hour. Stir well. Later, add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Serve in a bowl and share them with your families in Thanksgiving Day.
Recipe 3: Homemade Noodles with Turkey Bake
The third recipe of making homemade noodles for Thanksgiving is including the turkey bake in serving. This bake is considered perfect for Thanksgiving. Turkey is the best companion for noodles served with peas, mashed potatoes and pie crust.
It is suggested that you make an extra batch for this recipe. There is no clear information about how much each of ingredients you should prepare as the amount usually varies for each bake.
Here are the ingredients to prepare and cooking steps to follow if you want to try to make homemade noodles for your Thanksgiving Day later.
- Chicken stock
- Mashed potatoes
- Pie crust
- Heat your oven to 375 F.
- Simmer the noodles and chicken stock.
- Add carrots, peas and nutmeg. Stir them all to combine. Simmer for another minute for thickening the noodles.
- While you are waiting the mixture to simmer, reheat mashed potatoes.
- Check if the noodles are thickening. Once it’s done, remove it from heat.
- Later, add Turkey along with the cheese. Stir thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough and put in the pie pan. Next, add the noodles mixture over the pie crust.
- Top with reheated mashed potatoes and put into the oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve and share.
Finally, you have learnt the three recipes to make homemade noodles for Thanksgiving. The recipes we have shared are all healthy recipes. They are perfect for those who want to make homemade noodles for families and friend in Thanksgiving Day.