If you want to taste Disney Noodles, try Ohana Noodle dish. That kind of dish is available at Disney Polynesian Resort at Ohana restaurant. Whenever you have a vacation to a Walt Disney, your children will surely ask you to keep Ohana Noodle recipes. Why? When you are able to make the dish, you don’t always need to go to Walt Disney Resort for a plate of Ohana Noodles.
What are Ohana Noodles? Well, they are the amazing noodle dish sold at Ohana Restaurant at Walt Disney.
Now you must be wondering the magical recipes to cook the Disney Noodles, right? No worry! We offer you three recipes on how to prepare a plate of Ohana Noodles based on Disney World. There will also be some other related information about Ohana Noodles to enrich your knowledge of cuisine.
Why the Recipe Is Incredible
There are some reasons why the recipes of Ohana Noodles are so incredible. First, the recipes are applicable for homemade options. Second, the noodle dish can be served with your own favorite vegetables to add flavor and to fill your appetite up. The last but not least reason is the fact that the dish’ leftovers are much tasty.
Ohana Noodles Recipes
There are three recipes we are going to share. Both of them are the recipes on how to cook Ohana Noodles. Are the recipes different? They are a bit different due to the different ingredients used. Basically, the main ingredients are similar. However, certain Ohana Noodles ingredients make it tasted differently.
Read more 3 Favorable Reames Egg Noodles Recipes
The first Ohana Noodle recipe requires you to prepare ingredients needed and perform some steps to cook the noodle dish. Here are the details:
- 1-8 ounces package of dried Yakisoba Noodles.
- Brown sugar. This sugar will add an extra caramel flavoring layer to the sauce.
- Soy sauce.
- Rice Vinegar. That will add more Polynesian flavor to the noodle dish.
- Fresh, peeled and grated ginger. Prepare about 1 inch piece.
- Pineapple Juice
- Corn starch
- Boil a pan of water to cook Yakisoba noodles. Drain them when cooked. Or, do it based on the package directions.
- Heat the medium-sized sauce pan. Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger altogether. Saute and stir the sauce until the brown sugar is dissolved. Simmer the sauce.
- While you are waiting for the sauce to simmer, add pineapple juice and corn starch. Whisk them well.
- Bring the mix to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the sauce to thicken, heat oil in a wide pan. Add vegetables and stir them well until wilting.
- Add the noodles and to the pan of vegetables. Mix them well.
- Pour ¼ sauce over the vegetables and noodles. Check the flavor and add more sauce based on your personal appetite.
- Finish the dish by giving the sliced scallion as the toping.
Tips on Recipe 1:
- Serve Ohana Noodles hot or warm just after removing them from the pan. However, the leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and served cold.
- If you use bok choy, slice and wash it before using it. This is to let the dirt to sink.
- If you want to reheat the noodle dish, put it in a safe bowl and place it in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
The second Ohana Noodle recipe involves more ingredients. This recipe is for 4 serving. If you have 3 family members consisting of a husband and two kids, this recipe is the right option to try, serve and enjoy for dinner.
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup of red pepper and pineapple
- 2 cups cooked udon noodles
- 1 tsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Salt and pepper
Peanut Sauce Preparation:
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 2-inch piece of peeled ginger
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup soy sauce, sugar and water per serving
- 1 tbsp chopped peanut
- Prepare the sauce by putting the ingredients in a pan. Boil and stir. Lower the heat to simmer. Stir the mix occasionally. Simmer for 10 minutes. Later, remove the sauce from heat and pour it in the blender. Blend them till smooth.
- Prepare the noodles by heating canola oil in a sauce pan. Add ginger, red pepper, garlic and pineapple. Stir and fry them until tender. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Add the noodles. Stir and fry them. Then, add ½ cup peanut sauce.
- Finish by giving nuts on top of the noodle dish.
Now we have Ohana Noodle recipe from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. This recipe is also as amazing as other Ohana Noodle recipes. The difference lays on the ingredients used. This recipe allows you to use cabbage and bok choy.
- 2 packs of Lo Mein noodles.
- 2 cups of red and green cabbage, shredded.
- 3 stalks of bok choy stems. Slice them.
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 inch of knob ginger. Peel and mince it.
- 1 and ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 and ¼ tbsp cornstarch
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, brown sugar, ginger, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Pour this mixture into a sauce pot and boil it.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the cornstarch and pineapple juice. Pour the mixture slowly into the boiling sauce. This is aimed to thicken the sauce.
- Simmer the sauce for 25 minutes.
- In a large pan, saute the cabbage and bok choy.
- Add the Lo Mein noodles as well as glaze to the pan.
Finally, you have had 3 Ohana Noodle recipes to make Ohana Noodle dish that is usually served at Walth Disney. What a big luck to find these recipes since you can cook the noodle dish you might be missing hard. Have a nice try!