Bononoodle.com – Whether you like cup of noodles or Maruchan, both are noodles that you can choose to enjoy instantly. Today, we are going to share you all about cup of noodles vs Maruchan from the history to the best way of cooking it. Are the different? To what extent are they different? Check with our review now!
About Cup of Noodles
As the name suggests, cup of noodles simply refer to noodles packed and sol in a cup. The noodles are packed in a foam, plastic or paper cups. Then, they can be cooked by adding boiling water. In Japan, cup of noodle is just ones of instant noodles. They are competing.
In the history, instant noodles were originated in 1958. They used chicken ramen as the first instant noodles. Later in 1978, there were new varieties of ramen and Cup of Noodles introduced and available in the United States. In 1998, Cup of Noodles became a product introduced with beef, chicken, pork and shrimp.
Today, instant noodles in Japan including Cup of Noodles brand are produced with the different flavors like tom yum, curry, crab and churrasco. In 2016, the US version of Cup of Noodles decreased the amount of Sodium. MSG and artificial flavors.
Cup of Noodles have many different flavors. Those are beef, chicken, shrimp, mushroom chicken, chili crab, laksa, spicy seafood, tom yam seafood, seafood curry, Kyushu white, Thai basil chicken, cream of Chicken, spicy lime shrimp, hot and spicy shrimp, sriracha chicken, roasted sesame soup and many more.
Cup of Noodles Cooking Instructions
In cooking Cup of Noodles, it is highly recommended that you not cook them in microwave. In the other words, you must not microwave the noodles. Instead, you could boil water in a microwave cup and pour the hot water into the cup. So, don’t get misunderstood.
Here are the easy steps on how to cook Cup of Noodles:
- Add water to a microwave cup and wait for two minutes for the water to boil hotly.
- Open the half of the Cup’s lid and let the other parts of the lid remain attached to the top of noodles cup.
- Pour the seasoning and packed vegetables available.
- Pour the hot water you boil from the microwave into the Cup of Noodles’ cup. Make sure the water reaches the fill line you can see in the container. If you water the noodles beyond that amount, you’ll not get the flavor.
- Close the cup’s lid and secure it with fork or other eating utensils. Note, if you let the lid open, the heat will lose. Thus, keep the lid closed until you are sure the noodles are cooked. When the noodles are cooked, they will remain hot.
- Wat for 3 minutes to let the noodles cooked.
- Stir the noodles and enjoy the soup.
To complete our understanding on cup of noodles vs Maruchan, now let’s talk more about Maruchan. According to Wikipedia, Maruchan is a brand of instant noodles, cup noodles and yakisoba manufactured by Toyo Suisan of Tokyo Japan. So, Maruchan is a brand of cup noodles in Japan. However, this noodle brand has now entered the world’s noodles market especially in United States. Maruchan has been a popular choice in Mexico.
Dated to back to the history, Maruchan was founded in 1953 in Japan. The founder led the company to become an international food manufacturer and he was successfully bringing the products to the United States. Since 1972, Maruchan has widely consumed not only in Japan but also in the United States and some other parts of the world.
Maruchan Cooking Instructions
This time, we share the incredible recipe on how to cook Maruchan. You’ll not only cook the noodles but also mix them with the other ingredients so you can create a bowl of noodle dish with amazing taste. Thus, pay attention to the ingredients you should prepare and the steps to cook make it.
As we share the incredible noodle dish, there are some ingredients you should prepare before you start cooking the noodles. They are:
- 2 packages of Maruchan. Choose for Maruchan GOL soy sauce flavor ramen.
- 6 oz of chicken thighs. Cut them into cubes.
- A tsp of minced ginger
- A tsp of toasted sesame oil
- A tsp of dried wakame
- A tsp of mirin
- A tsp of soy sauce
- Sliced scallion
- Schimi pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- A cup of okra
And, before cooking the noodle dish, you should also treat the ingredients first. This is aimed to let you quickly cook the noodle dish. Here is what to do with the ingredients.
- Soak the dried wakame in water. Do it for ten minutes. Make sure they are soft. Remove wakame out of the water by squeezing the water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, marinate the cubed chicken along with the minced ginger, mirin, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Coate the chicken well. Do this for 30 minutes.
- Collect all of the ingredients.
- Boil a small pot of water and add okra. When the water is boiled, cook okra for about 10 seconds and drain well. Cool it down and slice okra into quarters after you remove the tops.
- Get the chicken out of the bowl and place on a small sheet pan. Line it with foil. Broil the chicken for 3 minutes. Make sure this step is done. Basically, how much time you take to broil the chicken depends on what size you make on the pieces.
- Prepare the noodles by boiling 4 cups of water. Cook 2 packs of Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Flavor Ramen. Do this for three minutes. Let the noodles soften.
- Serve the noodle dish in the bowls. Top the dish with wakame, chicken, okra, shichimi pepper, scallions, slat and black pepper.
- Taste the noodle dish.
- Enjoy the dish.
Finally, understanding cup of noodles vs Maruchan include understanding the ingredients and the cooking instructions. That is because the final dish resulted will determine the taste. Which one you may like between Cup of Noodles and Maruchan depends on your personal preference and appetite.