Today we come with Betty Crocker 1950s Tuna Noodle Casserole recipes to offer you the best way to make a dish. Tuna Casserole is a casserole which is made with canned tuna and pasta along with peas and corn. Tuna Casserole is just a regular dish consumed daily in the United States.
To provide you with complete information, we will present not only the common incredible recipes but also the history of Tuna Noodle Casserole. There is also a recipe variation that might be inspiring for you to make the noodle dish at home.
Here is the complete review of Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Tuna Noodle Casserole History
As the name suggest, Betty Crocker 1950s Casserole was popular in American households in 1950s for its cheap ingredients and easy-to-find product in the supermarket. Tuna Noodle Casserole dish consists of a can of tuna, a can of vegetables, a can of soup and a pack of egg noodles. For a family dinner, you can prepare the dish only in 30 minutes. Thus, it is considered easy and practical to cook for family in the US at which the people have a high mobility.
About Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tuna noodle casserole is available in frozen or refrigerated form. It is very practical if you purchase the package from the supermarket and reheat it to eat next day. Tuna Noodle Casserole is also a good option for a gift for someone who is sick as a sign of kindness.
Tuna noodle casserole has lost of variations. The dish is usually served with egg noodles, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, frozen green peas, condensed cream or mushroom or cream of celery soup, canner and drained tuna, sliced mushrooms and crushed potato chips. The cooked noodles are served along with those ingredients in a baking dish. The toppings usually include potato chips.
Betty Crocker 1950s Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipes
Here are the Betty Crocker 1950s Tuna Noodle Casserole recipes taken from Betty Crocker Cookbook. These recipes might be found in your searching. However, these recipes describe the basic ingredients allowing you to make a change on the recipe. Note, you will remember these recipes easily.
- I can of drained tuna
- 8 ounces of tinkyada noodles
- ¼ cup chopped pimiento
- ¼ cup diced green pepper
- 1 small chopped onion
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can of of b&b broiled mushroom. Choose the ones with juice.
- A cup of grated cheese.
There are only 5 simple and easy steps on how to cook Betty Crocker 1960s Tuna Noodle Casserole as follows:
- Heat your oven at 425 degrees F.
- Collect all the ingredients along with a half of cheese.
- Pour into buttered one and a half quart baking dish.
- Top with the leftover cheese. You can also top with crushed corn flakes.
- Bake the casserole for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information: ‘
Per serving size of Betty Crocker Tuna noodle casserole, there are 467,2 Calories which consist of 152 g fat, 17g total fat and 6.8 saturated fat. The cholesterol is 82.1 mg and sodium is 1295.7 mg. The total carbohydrate is 52.5g consisting of 2.7g dietary fiber and 3.8g sugars. Meanwhile, the protein is 26.2g.
Betty Croker 1950s Tuna Pasta
Now that you have learned the Betty Crocker 1950s Tuna Noodle Casserole recipes, it’s time to try another recipe. Here we offer you to try Tuna Pasta that can be a very delicious meal for dinner. Check out the recipe now and make it for less than an hour.
- 2 tbsp of butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups of uncooked medium pasta shells
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of shredded sharp process Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked broccoli flowerets. Cook it until crisp tender. Make sure it is also drained well.
- 2 cans of tuna. Drain them.
From Crumb Topping:
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- A tbsp of butter or margarine. Melt it.
- Heat your oven ta 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta and drain it well based on the package directions.
- Prepare a sauce pan in low heat. Melt the butter. Add salt and flour. Stir them well. Cook until smooth and bubbly. Do that in medium heat.
- Remove the heat. Continue stirring. Heat to boil. Stir for one minute until the cheese melts.
- Add pasta, broccoli and tuna, mix them well. Spoon into ungreased casserole. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Or, see they are hot and bubbly.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the topping. Sprinkle the toping on the casserole and bake without cover for 5 minutes longer. Make sure the toping is toasted.
- Enjoy when the casserole is finished.
Tips from Betty Crocker Kitchens
To help you cook tuna noodle casserole better, Betty Crocker kitchen share one important tip. If you can’t find tuna, you can substitute it with a can of red or pink salmon. Drain it well and remove the skin and bones. Or, you can also choose salmon flake.
This substitution contains nutrition that include 380 calories, 15g total fat, 25g protein, 37 total carbohydrate and 6g sugars.
Finally, you have completely learned the Betty Crocker 1950s Tuna Noodle Casserole recipes in our review. Incredibly, these recipes allow you to make the tuna noodle casserole yourself at home. This ensure that the casserole you make is healthier.
In our recipe review, there are two recipes we have already shared. They are the 1950s Tuna Casserole and Tuna Pasta. The final result is not different but there will be a slight difference of taste due to the ingredients used.
Whichever recipe you want to try at home, make sure you prepare the ingredients readily before you start cooking.